Putting a loved one in a nursing home is not an easy choice for anyone involved. However, the choice is made to try to give a resident a better life. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. If your loved one suffered abuse in their Phoenix nursing home, we can protect their rights and fight for a financial award.
Nursing home abuse cases are particularly disturbing because the victims are not as able to defend themselves as other members of society. The aim of a nursing home abuse lawyer is to give voices to these victims and their families so they can move forward with their lives being well taken care of. As every case of abuse is unique in its own way, a nursing home abuse lawyer will work to understand the facts surrounding your case so they can be presented when it comes time to seek compensation for the abuser’s wrongdoing.
Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, our attorneys see what kind of injustices can occur in these facilities. From physical abuse to financial abuse to mental abuse and beyond, we will fight to protect your family’s right to compensation in these cases so the parties responsible will know that their behavior will not go unpunished. After all, residents of nursing homes have every right to lead a normal happy life after all they gave to our society.
To learn more about our Phoenix nursing home abuse legal services, contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 201-3999 for your free consultation.
A Closer Look at Nursing Home Abuse
Cases of abuse and negligence exist at nursing homes in the same way they do at other long-term facilities—from boarding schools to hospitals and beyond. Time shows that bad people with ulterior motives and poor training exist everywhere in every line of work. The main difference is that many of the nursing home residents lack the innate ability to stop the abuse from happening. They are vulnerable, and they are preyed upon as a result. This is what makes many of these cases so hard for the families of victims to deal with.
In this same way, many victims are unable to report their abuse because of their physical or mental state. It does not matter whether the abuse is occurring intentionally or out of negligence, it is still abuse. In fact, many cases of nursing home abuse are cases dealing with neglect. This means that staff members would simply rather not be bothered with caring for some, or all, of their residents.
As a result, the victims and their family members suffer the consequences. No matter what type of abuse possibly occurred, a Phoenix nursing home abuse lawyer will investigate the claims and work to protect the victim’s right to compensation when they are subjected to these sorts of injustices. As abuse takes many different forms, and many cases of abuse involve multiple instances and types of infractions, the amount of compensation awarded in nursing home abuse cases will be determined on a case-by-case basis in a court of law.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Phoenix, call 800-201-3999
Common Examples of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse has the potential to encompass every area of a victim’s life and may include physical, sexual, financial, and mental wrongdoings. Common examples of nursing home abuse can include, but may not be limited to:
- Not allowing residents access to visitors or important contact with family members, which can negatively affect their mental state and isolate them from the outside world. Leaving residents alone for unusually long periods of time can also constitute abuse.
- Staff members failing to speak with family members regarding important choices with their loved ones.
- Misleading residents and taking advantage of them financially, such as using their personal information or charging them for services they did not receive.
- Failing to allow for the basic hygiene of residents and a failure to upkeep important sanitation practices. If left unchecked, poor sanitation can lead to bedsores, disease, mites, and more.
- Ignoring the requests of residents and making them feel belittled.
- Not giving residents enough food and water on a regular basis, resulting in malnutrition or complications with medication.
- Failing to properly dispense resident medications, which may be extensive, thus resulting in adverse health effects, mood changes, shortened life expectancy, lethargy, and more.
- General neglect, which can include failing to stop residents from harming themselves, either intentional or accidental. As some nursing home residents may be in poor health, a simple fall may result in serious injuries or wrongful death.
- Sexual assault.
- Verbal abuse.
- And more.
No matter what kind of abuse your loved one endured, the Phoenix nursing home abuse lawyers at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will fight to protect their right to compensation. Compensation awarded in cases like these may be used to help with ongoing medical treatment, mental anguish, transportation needs, new facility accommodations, financial suffering, and more. As pain and suffering can affect virtually every area of a victim’s life, we believe they should be compensated accordingly.
To learn more about our services, contact a representative at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today at (800) 201-3999 for your free consultation.
Phoenix Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Lawyer Near Me 800-201-3999
Phoenix Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Ready to Stand Up for Your Case
Here at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, our attorneys will research your case so we can bring the truth to light. If any injustices occurred, we will make it our aim to present it to the courts so your family can get the compensation your family is entitled to. We know your family is experiencing pain and stress, and that is why we want to take pressure off you by handling the legal side of your affairs. We want to make sure your loved one is not further damaged by this situation. We will fight for justice and compensation.
To learn more, contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for your free consultation.